Jacinto de Salazar asked Don José de Escandón and Helguera permission to found a real call of the Pantano or Infantes, 26 May 1749 since they had news of their mines, recognized in that year by Jacinto de Salazar.
In 1749 it received the name of Real de Infantes and was elevated to the category of villa, it was also a mission with the name of "Our Lady of Guadalupe" and in honor of that mission the place where the primitive Pisones Indians lived, as " Mesa de Guadalupe "and was under the patronage of San Miguel Arcángel.
By decree of the 27 of October of 1828, it was granted the title of Villa and the name was changed to Bustamante, in honor of General Anastacio Bustamante
Chronology of historical events
- 1746 26 of May, date of its foundation.
- 1746 26 of May Don Nicolás Jacinto de Salazar founded the Antigua Real del Pantano or Real de los Infantes.
- 1749 It received the name of Real de los Infantes and was elevated to the category of Villa.
- 1828 The October 27 is named Villa de Bustamante in honor of General Anastacio Bustamante.
- 1876 The November 18 is fought in this Villa the Battle of the Antonias.
- 1887 Prof. and Gral. Alberto Carrera Torres was born at El Polvo ranch, jurisdiction of the municipality of Bustamante.
- 1913 The March 4 issues the Agrarian Law, in the state of San Luis Potosí, the first agrarian document in Mexico
- 1915 The January 22 was born Major Abdón Trejo Nava, in the Villa de Bustamante, Tam., And dies in Cd. Victoria in 1993.
- 1917 The February 16 is shot by Prof. and Gral. Alberto Carrera Torres in Cd.Victoria, Tam.
- 1990 During the month of August the first chronicle of my town is published by the Institute of Historical Investigations of the UAT of the author Prof. J. León Rodríguez Zúñiga.
- Alberto Carrera Torres Professor and revolutionary military, in 1913 issued the Executive Law of land distribution, the first agrarian legal order of the Republic 1887-1917.
- Paulín Coronado first municipal mayor in 1812.
- Miguel Trejo Medina (1851-1899) Military.
- German Incarnation President of the War Commission in the Battle of the Antonias 1876.
- José del Carmen López Morales (1869-1981) Poeta bustamantense born in the Hacienda "El Gavilán", municipality of Bustamante.
Monuments to Benito Juárez and to Professor and General Alberto Carrera Torres. To the Foundation of the Real de los Infantes and Major Abdon Trejo Nava.
Temple and image of San Miguel Arcángel, built in the second decade of the 19th century; built in the nineteenth century. The Chapel of San Isidro, located in the ejido General Felipe Angeles (former hacienda El Gavilán).
The 29 of September the celebrations take place in honor of San Miguel Arcángel, patron of the place.
Biznaga sweets, pumpkin, milk, ponteduro, tamales, hive honey, maguey, barbecue and others.
The man wears a wide-brimmed hat, jacket, booties and bandana; the woman, long petticoat, rebozo and huaraches. Currently dresses in fashion.
The municipality of Bustamante is located in the southwestern part of the State of Tamaulipas and belongs to the subregion of Tula Number 5. It has a territorial extension of 1,300.76 square kilometers, it borders the North with the Municipalities of Miquihuana and Jaumave; to the south with that of Tula; to the east with that of Palmillas and to the West with the states of Nuevo León and San Luis Potosí. Its municipal seat is located at 23º 25 'latitude North at 99º 47' west longitude, at an altitude of 1,718 meters above sea level.
It is integrated by 25 localities of which the most important are: Villa Bustamante (municipal seat) San Antonio de Padua, Calabacillas, Las Antonias, Felipe Ángeles, Magdaleno Aguilar, El Aguacate and El Caracol de Álvarez.
The municipality has the following hydrographic resources: streams and lagoons that carry water only in times of rain and some springs at the foot of the mountain range.
According to the Koppen classification, two types of Climates are presented: one sub-humid and the other semi-warm dry. The hottest months are from May to August and the direction of the winds are usually from the Southwest in the summer, and from the North in the winter.
The annual average temperature is 18º C, with the minimum temperatures of 0º C and the maximum temperatures of 36º C, with a rainfall of 470 millimeters per year.
It presents three characteristic features of relief; the 85 percent of its territory corresponds to the injured areas; the 3 percent to the semi-flat areas in the eastern part and the 12 percent to the flat areas in the northeast of the municipality.
Classification and land use
Three types of soil are found within the municipality and are podzolic and sigrozem shrubs. Due to its very characteristics, it is mostly used for livestock. With regard to land tenure, 69,146 hectares of small property and the rest are land.
Flora and fauna
The predominant type of vegetation in the municipality is the thorny crasirosufolio scrub and thorn scrub, as they are the most appropriate due to the particular characteristics of the land.
In its fauna it houses deer, armadillo, the badger, raccoons, fox, coyote, rabbit, black bear, rabona tail cat, lion (scarce), etc.Suggest Edition