Integral Health of the Child
- To analyze the main causes of morbidity and mortality in children under 5 years for the approach of care strategies in the most frequent diseases of this age group.
- Coordinate the programs with the strategic lines of the National Program for the Reduction of Infant Mortality.
- Develop state programs of the most frequent diseases in children under 5 whose content includes objectives, goals, lines of action, budgeting, supervision and evaluation.
- Participate in the annual budgeting of the operational program.
- Prepare the program of activities for each component that is developed in the medical care units.
- Keep informed and updated to the jurisdictional responsible about the actions to be developed annually.
- Coordinate the actions and strategies of those responsible for each component in the jurisdictions and hospitals so that they know, implement and develop the programs.
- Intensify prevention and control actions in the municipalities at risk for deaths from diarrheal disease, acute respiratory infections and cancer in the younger population of 5 years.
- Periodically supervise the activities of the state and jurisdictional level in the units dependent on the health services of Tamaulipas, to provide support and advice in the development of the child's health program.
- Supervise and evaluate the coverage of the program for the prevention of mental retardation due to congenital hypothyroidism and congenital metabolic diseases, and the follow-up of positive cases.
- Evaluate monthly the progress of programs related to childhood diseases.
- Manage the supply of oral serum, medicines and supplies for the development of programs in all health units.
- Develop the ongoing training program for health personnel responsible for newborn care, neonatal resuscitation, early stimulation and neonatal screening, integrated care for children under 10 through the state training center.
- Coordinate actions to promote and disseminate the components of the child's comprehensive health through operational personnel for the community.
- Permanently inform the immediate superior area of activities in process, completed and scheduled.
- The others that, within the scope of its competence, are delegated by the authority.
Programs that are part of Integral Child Health
Cancer in Childhood and Adolescence
Its objective is to provide children and adolescents with an early diagnosis and a multidisciplinary, timely and quality treatment given by experts
It is one more component of integrated care, understood as the set of actions that health personnel must provide to the girl or child under two years of age, in each assistance to a health unit, regardless of the reason for the consultation.
Prevention of Mental Retardation due to Congenital Hypothyroidism
Its objective is to prevent mental retardation and other repercussions of congenital hypothyroidism, galactosemia, phenylketonuria and congenital adrenal hyperplasia, before these manifest, through timely detection and management.
Prevention and Control of Diarrheal Diseases
Its objective is to reduce the morbidity and mortality due to Diarrheal Diseases and Respiratory Infections in children under five years through improving the quality and timeliness of care in medical units
The objective of this program is to raise the quality of life of the newborn through actions to prevent diseases and protect health.
Cough and Catarrh
Know what are the warning signs that you must take into account when an infant has Cough and Catarrh