OBJECTIVES OF THE SECRETARIAT FOR FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE
- Increase productivity in the fisheries and aquaculture sector.
- Strengthen the fishing and aquaculture sectors to achieve sustainable and orderly economic growth.
- Expand the investment for the modernization of infrastructure and equipment.
- Promote the quality and food safety of fishery and aquaculture products.
- Fully strengthen the productive chain and the training of economic units to make them more competitive in the national and international market.
- Design strategies and actions to promote responsible fishing and culture in the preservation of usable fishery resources.
- Coordinate actions of inspection and monitoring of fishery resources in the various reservoirs and coastal waters.
- Establish the measures and control systems that allow the integral knowledge of the activity and the execution of actions congruent with the policies framed in the state development plan.
- Sustain the development of aquaculture through the execution of studies and projects with environmental feasibility, to encourage investments.