Childhood and Adolescent Health
- To elaborate and coordinate, through the Sanitary Jurisdictions, the situational diagnosis of universal vaccination, nutrition, child health and integral health of the adolescent.
- Plan and develop priority state health programs for children and adolescents.
- Support in the preparation and development of state training programs, according to the needs and established guidelines, in coordination with the entity empowered for that purpose.
- Establish the control mechanisms to ensure the operation of programs, child and adolescent care and disability.
- Supervise the application of the resources of the childhood and adolescent health programs.
- Coordinate the development of the National Health Weeks, accident prevention and other intensive campaigns to strengthen the permanent activities of the childhood and adolescent health programs.
- Identify the strengths, opportunities, weaknesses and threats of state and jurisdictional health programs for children and adolescents, to achieve the proposed objectives.
- Monitor the application of federal and state regulations, established in the field of child and adolescent care, based on the Official Mexican Standards, National and State Development Plans and National and State Health Program.
- Propose to the Undersecretariat of Prevention and Promotion of Health, the conclusion of agreements and agreements with the institutions of the State Health System, extra sectoral and civil society organizations to strengthen the programs.
- Conduct specialized studies and research to improve the performance of childhood and adolescent programs, in coordination with the corresponding bodies.
- Propose alternative financing to obtain resources that strengthen the management of programs aimed at children and adolescents.
- Direct the planning, programming, budgeting, coordination, management, monitoring, evaluation and application of the rules and procedures.
- To analyze the epidemiological behavior, sociodemographic environment, conditioning factors of the most common public health problems in children and adolescents.
- Review the periodic evaluation of the programs oriented to the infant and adolescent, that allows to detect the deviations and to establish the actions for the reach of the goals.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual programming of the programs of the Directorate.
- Coordinate activities of the technical secretaries of the state councils and the state committee for the prevention of infant mortality.
- Coordinate the application of the regulations and the operation of the programs.
- Participate in the actions, sessions of the national council for the prevention and treatment of cancer in childhood and adolescence as state vocal.
- To favor the human development and competences of the leaders of the programs and department heads at the state and jurisdictional levels.
- Permanently inform the immediate superior area of activities in process, completed and scheduled.
- The others that, within the scope of its competence, delegate superiority.
Programs that are part of Child and Adolescent Health
Prevent disability in the Tamaulipas population and help people with disabilities enjoy the right to the highest possible level of health
It has four programs that seek to support the Health of children and adolescents
- Nutrition in Adolescent
Integral Health of the Adolescent
Develop strategies and actions derived from national health programs for the application of comprehensive health programs for adolescents
Integral Health of the Child
Implement actions and strategies derived from national health programs, to develop similar ones at the state level in the prevention and control of those diseases that most frequently affect children
Protect the population of the state with immunogens, with priority in children under 9 years, through the application of regulated biologics in the basic immunization scheme of the country