"Implement strategies and actions of prevention, dissuasion and reaction to combat crime and mitigate insecurity, establishing a policy of inter-institutional coordination within a framework of legality, with the aim of guaranteeing citizen security, social peace, safeguarding integrity , the patrimony, the rights and liberties. "
"To be a modern, reliable and service-minded institution, whose strength is discipline, adherence to standards and respect for human rights, which thus contributes to generating suitable conditions of security for the integral development of people, in an environment that favors the validity of fundamental values and the exercise of freedom. "
- Loyalty and
The most remote antecedent of the Secretary of Public Security is the foundation of the Rural Police in 1826, as well as the creation of Special Public Security Services in 1923.
In 1931, the General Traffic Inspectorate was created, which was abolished in the 1935 year to create the Traffic Department, which was replaced the following year by the Traffic Inspection in the State that remained in office for 7 years, integrating the Department of Transportation. Police, date on which the Traffic Department was created.
In 1945 the Department of Public Safety is created, which was assigned as a section to the State Police and Traffic Department, 4 years later the Security and Rural Police sections and the General Police Inspection were established in the Department of Public Security and Transit.
In 1965 this Department takes the name of the Directorate of Public Safety, integrated by the General Inspection of Police and Traffic, Rural Police, Mechanical Workshop, Radio and Traffic Section in the State.
In 1981 changed its name known as General Directorate of Public Security, based on the enactment of the Organic Law of Public Administration of the State of that year. From the previous administration and based on various amendments to the Organic Law of State Public Administration, 1987 was entrusted with the degree of Secretary, attributing the dispatch of matters that marks the article 28 of the same.
In 1987, and through reforms to the Organic Law of the Public Administration of the State of Tamaulipas, to the General Directorate of Public Security, it is conferred the degree of Secretary of Public Security. On the same date, the Organic Law of the Secretariat of Public Security of the State of Tamaulipas comes into force, whose purpose is to establish the structure and functions of the Ministry of Public Security, Dependency of the Executive responsible for the prevention of crimes and the organization of Roads and Transportation at that time and was integrated with:
- A secretary
- A Technical Assistant Secretary
- An Undersecretary of Operations
- An Administrative Director
- A Director of Traffic and Roads
- A Director of Urban Transportation
- A Director of Rural Preventive Police
- A Director of the State Police Academy
- The Police and Transit Delegates in the Municipalities.
On November 30 date of 1987, by Decree Number 73 the Law of the Preventive Police for the State of Tamaulipas is issued, which has as its object the planning, organization and operation of the preventive service of public security in the State and regulates the Police Preventive of the State and the Municipalities, Transit, Rural, Municipal Preventive, Firemen Corps and of Watchers. The Public Security Service has the fundamental purpose of maintaining public peace, order and tranquility and preventing the commission of antisocial behavior, the violation of laws, regulations and other provisions.
Because the Public Security Secretariat is responsible for the public security services, whose essence is expressed in the prevention of the commission of antisocial behaviors and in the protection of people in their property and rights, as well as guaranteeing Public order That the complexity of the social sectors related to banking, industrial, commercial, housing and other similar activities require special attention in the provision of the integral security service. Therefore, on the 4 date of March of 1989, the Integral Security Directorate is created, dependent on the Ministry of Public Security, which will have as its fundamental objective, the provision of security services to the different social sectors that request it.
On the 24 date of May of 1995, the Dispositions to Control, Coordinate and Supervise the Private Protection and Surveillance Service issued by the Ministry of Public Security are published. On the 3 date of February of 1999, the Organic Law of the Public Administration of the State of Tamaulipas is published, which, for the study, planning and dispatch of the subjects of the different branches of the State Public Administration, the Governor will have the following Dependencies:
- General secretary of government
- Finance Secretary
- Ministry of Social Development
- Secretariat of Urban Development and Ecology
- Ministry of Economic Development and Employment
- Attorney General's Office
- Government Comptroller.
The General Secretariat of the Government is responsible for the following matters:
XXIII.- Design and execute the programs to prevent the commission of crimes, protect people in their physical integrity, their properties and rights, guaranteeing public order.
XXV.- Establish, prior agreement with the Executive, the norms and guidelines that will be subject to the organization and operation of public safety and highway services in the State and Coordinate the activities of the Municipal Preventive Police, and;
XXVI.- Determine and apply the rules and policies related to the admission, training, development and sanction where appropriate, of the personnel that intervenes in public security functions, in accordance with the laws and regulations in force. In this way, the previous Public Security Secretariat becomes the General Directorate of Public Security, under the General Secretariat of the Government. By Decree No. 26 published in the Official Newspaper of the State dated 5 of June of 1999, the Law that regulates the Private Protection and Surveillance Service came into force, an instrument that gives legality to the provision of the Service.
With date 13 of September of 1999, was published the call for the First Basic Course for State Preventive Police, which lasted for 4 months and started the 4 October day of 1999. Subsequently, through Government Decree No. 178, the Public Safety Law for the State of Tamaulipas was approved, published in the Official Newspaper of the State dated 6 of April of the 2000, which aims to:
- Regulate the function of preventive public safety that the State and the Municipalities carry out.
- Specify the Authorities responsible for the preventive public safety function, its organization, operation, faculties and obligations.
- Designate the Corporations responsible for preventive public safety, the Councils of Honor and Justice, and establish the bases of the Career Police Service.
- Institute the State Public Security System.
- Establish the bases of coordination between the State and the Municipalities, and, where appropriate, with the Federation.
- Establish instances of community participation in public safety, and;
- Determine the sanctions to which the members of the Public Safety Preventive Corporations, which transgress this Law and its Regulations, become creditors.
Subsequently, with the 4 date of July of the 2000, various Regulations that give support to the Law of Public Safety come into force, such as:
- Guidelines for the Organization and operation of the operational bases of Public Safety Corporations.
- Police Code of Ethics.
- Regulation of the Preventive Police Corporations.
- Regulation of the State Council of Public Security.
- Regulation of the Police Academy in the State of Tamaulipas.
- Regulation of the Race Police Service.
On the 22 date of May of the 2000, by means of a disposition issued by the Government Comptroller and the Undersecretary of Expenditures of the State Government, the structure of the General Directorate of Transport and Roads, an area assigned to the General Secretariat of the Government, is disclosed. it comes to merge the Traffic and Roads Department and the Transport Directorate.
With date 20 of December of the 2004, the new Organic Law of the Public Administration of the State of Tamaulipas enters into force, through which in its article 23 point 11, creates the Secretariat of Public Security, and its generic functions are reflected in the Article 34 of the same Law.
On the 12 date of September of the 2006 through DECREE No. LIX-584, the Law of Justice for Adolescents published in annex to the official newspaper N ° 109 is issued; In its Second Transitory Article, it establishes that, with the entry into force of this Act, the Juvenile Justice System Law, issued by Decree number 726 of the 18 of May of 2004, published in the Official Newspaper number 135 of the 10 of November, is repealed. 2004. On May 29 date of 2007, by Decree No. LIX-925 the Law to Regulate Private Security Services in the State of Tamaulipas is issued, entering into force on November 9 date of 2007, and the Law that regulates is repealed. the Private Protection and Surveillance Service for the State of Tamaulipas, issued by Decree 26 of the Legislative LVII of the State of 27 of May of 1999, published in the Official Newspaper of the State number 45 of the 5 of June of 1999.
Later on 3 date of December of 2007, the New Public Security Law for the State of Tamaulipas is issued in annex to the Official State Gazette N ° 156, which comes into force on 28 date of December of the 2007, which establishes that the Ministry of Public Security is the unit in charge of the preventive public security function in the State, in accordance with the established competencies, as well as the person in charge of the design, execution and monitoring of the programs for linking society in the matter; the social readaptation of criminals; the instrumentation and application of the orientation, protection and treatment measures in the terms of the Justice Law for State Adolescents; and the institutional coordination channel in the security tasks with the federal instances, of other States of the Republic, and the Municipalities.
This law establishes that the Special Police of Tamaulipas is responsible for:
- Guarantee, maintain and, where appropriate, restore public order and peace in the state territory, after preparation and development of the actions and operations required for said purposes;
- Protect the integrity of people, their rights, property and liberties, as well as prevent the commission of crimes established by state laws;
- Design, define and execute programs, strategies and actions in the field of crime prevention, training and training and help in case of accidents;
- Obtain, analyze and systematize the criminogenic elements and the zones of their incidence, in order to avoid and prevent the commission of antisocial behaviors, through the use of strategies designed for that purpose;
- Participate in the assistance of any authority that formally requires them, in the case of tasks related to the prevention of crime and the safeguarding of the physical, property and rights of individuals;
- Make arrests in cases of flagrante delicto, and must immediately place the detainee before the competent authorities;
- Collaborate with the municipal authorities that request it, whenever there is a disturbance or imminent danger that threatens to disrupt social integrity, security and peace; so arranged by the Secretary or the General Director of Police Operation, and must be transferred without delay to the site instructed; Y
- The others conferred by other applicable legal provisions or their hierarchical superiors.
And the Public Security Law for the State of Tamaulipas is repealed, issued by Decree No. 178, of the 29 of March of the 2000, published in the Official Newspaper of the State, Extraordinary No. 2, of the 6 of April of the 2000; as well as its reforms. On the 27 date of December of 2007, the Law on the Execution of Private and Restrictive Sanctions of Freedom of the State of Tamaulipas, issued by the 56 of December of 3, is published in Annex to the Official Journal of the State No. 2007, by decree No. LIX-1087, The present law has for object:
- The establishment of the system for the execution of the privative sanctions and restrictive of the liberty imposed by the courts of the State of Tamaulipas, in a judgment that has caused execution and its corresponding application to the persons subject to imprisonment;
- The execution of programs and strategies that prevent the mismatch of the suspect, the defendant or the sentenced one;
- The readjustment and social reintegration of the sentenced or the executor; Y
- The control, administration, direction and surveillance of the Centers to guarantee the adequate execution of private sanctions and restrictive of freedom.
Noting that the application of this law corresponds to the State Executive, through the Public Security Secretariat directly, or through the Directorate General for the Execution of Sanctions of the State of Tamaulipas.
The Law for the Prevention of Antisocial Behavior, Victim Assistance, Tutelary Measures and Social Readaptation of the State of Tamaulipas is abrogated.
On the 16 date of June of 2009, the Law of Coordination of the State Public Security System is issued, through Decree No. LX-710, published in Annex to the Official Newspaper of the State N ° 71, and aims to regulate the coordination between the authorities of the State, its municipalities and, in the conduct of the Federation, that act in the entity, through the integration, organization, and operation of the State System of Public Security, in the field of the distribution of competencies established in the Political Constitution of the United Mexican States and the General Law of the National Public Security System.
It also establishes that the function of public security will be carried out through the police institutions, and law enforcement agencies, administrative and judicial tribunals, the bodies responsible for preventive detention, the execution of sentences and justice for adolescents. , and of all those public entities that have powers to contribute directly or indirectly to consolidate the purposes of public security. The State Center for Confidence Assessment and Control is created as a decentralized body of the Secretariat, with technical and management autonomy, whose purpose is the application of the evaluations referred to in this law, both in the selection processes of applicants , as for the permanence, development and promotion of the members of public security institutions.
- Apply the procedures of evaluation and control of confidence according to the criteria issued by the National Center for Certification and Accreditation;
- Propose guidelines for verification and certification control of public servants;
III. Propose guidelines for the application of medical, toxicological, psychological, polygraphic, socioeconomic and other examinations that are considered in accordance with the applicable regulations; Y
- Establish a system of registration and control, which allows to preserve the confidentiality and safekeeping of files;
- Verify compliance with the medical, ethical and personality profiles;
- Apply the certification procedure for public servants, approved by the National Certification and Accreditation Center;
VII. Issue and update the certificates in accordance with the formats authorized by the National Certification and Accreditation Center;
VIII. Inform the competent authorities about the results of the evaluations that you practice;
- Request the individual monitoring of the members of the evaluated institutions, in which factors that interfere or put at risk the performance of their functions are identified;
- Provide the institutions with the advice and technical support they require about information of their competence;
- Provide the competent authorities with the information contained in the files of members of the institutions and required in administrative or judicial proceedings, with the reservations provided in the applicable laws;
XII. Prepare the results reports for the acceptance or rejection of applicants to enter the institutions.
XIII. The others established by the applicable legal provisions. Registration and monitoring measures will be implemented for those who are separated from the service because they do not obtain the certificate referred to in this Law.