Maternal and Perinatal Health
Maternal and child health is a basic objective of development because it rests the biological and social reproduction of the human being, it is an essential condition for the development of families and constitutes a key element to reduce inequalities and poverty.
The Program of Action for the Start-Up in Life (APV) has been designed to help expand the abilities and opportunities of women to carry out a safe and healthy pregnancy, childbirth and puerperium, and for their children to be born healthy.
Even start in life is formed in turn by the programs: Healthy Pregnancy, Safe Birth and Puerperio, Maternal Mortality, Cesarean Operation, Obstetric Emergencies, Traditional Midwives and Folic Acid Ministration.
Our obligation is to assist you with quality, your responsibility is to take care of you !!!.
The Parejo en Vida program (APV) is the instrument of the national health policy that seeks to contribute to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) that the Mexican government made its own, together with 189 more countries , by adopting the Millennium Declaration in the 2000 year.
The Start-Up-in-Life Action Program (APV) is created in the 2002 year at the Federal level, starting in the State in the 2003 as a Specific Action Program Start in Life.
Tamaulipas has paid special attention to Obstetric Emergencies by intensifying efforts that have led to the 2009 to be one of the states with the lowest ratio of maternal death in Mexico.
Tamaulipas women in full exercise of their right to access and protection of their health, during pregnancy, childbirth and puerperium with the responsible support of their family, community and state, receiving quality health services, with dignified and timely treatment to reduce the risks of maternal and perinatal morbidity and mortality as well as to prevent disability at birth.
Improve the conditions of maternal and perinatal health through the granting of interventions of anticipation and effective attention, with institutional and social participation based on scientific evidence and full respect for the rights of the people.
- Comply with the 5 Prenatal Control queries.
- Surveillance of pregnancy by qualified and trained personnel.
- Timely reference to the MATER module of hospitals in the state, of patients with risk factors that aggravate pregnancy (headache, phosphenes (see lights), facial edema, hands, legs or feet, tinnitus (ringing in the ears) , abdominal pain, constant vomiting or not being removed.
- Delivery care by qualified and trained personnel in our health units.
- Puerperium control: provide at least two consultations during quarantine to avoid complications, as well as offer and guide the use of a family planning method.
- Breastfeeding: promote this practice the first six months of life of the baby, to reduce infections and low weight.
- Continuous session of the Morbi-Maternal and Perinatal Mortality Committee.
Provide medical care to all pregnant women without distinction of their right to health, with:
- Health Centers (urban and rural).
- Integral Hospitals.
- General and Civil Hospitals (hospitals for emergency Obstetric care).
- Maternal and Child Hospital in Cd. Reynosa.
In order to take a safe pregnancy, it is necessary:
- The commitment of the mother, the family and the doctor.
- Prenatal control: initiate prenatal control in the first trimester of pregnancy (ideally in the health center) an average of 5 consultations per patient, timely referral to the second level hospital for delivery care, and follow-up of the puerperium (2 consultations during quarantine), choose a method of family planning, practice breastfeeding.