Integral Health of the Adolescent
That adolescents have the capacity to make informed and responsible decisions to reduce the risks and damage to their health, acquire healthy lifestyles, with the support of organizations, institutions, sectors, society and the family, to promote their integral health and well-being.
Develop preventive, care and rehabilitation actions aimed at the adolescent population, with a holistic approach, which allows them to have elements to face and overcome adverse situations that favor better life and health perspectives.
Contribute to improve the health of adolescents through comprehensive care, with an emphasis on reproductive health, health promotion, personal health services and harm prevention, with a focus on risk and gender.
- Achieve self-care of the adolescent's health to prevent diseases and risks to their health.
- Decrease cases of pregnancies and cases infected with STIs, HIV / AIDS in adolescents from 10 to 19 years.
- Getting the and adolescents participate actively in the self-care and mutual care of health, through universal interventions, focused and selective health promotion and prevention.
- Increase the use of health services aimed at adolescents.
- Improve the efficiency of adolescent health programs with the best intra- and inter-institutional and intersectoral participation.
- Coordinate and promote integrated health actions focused on the family, the community and the school, considered as social groups.
- Encourage the participation of parents in education on sexual and reproductive health of their adolescents.
- Promote the adoption of healthy lifestyles in the population, through preventive models, health education programs, social communication, community participation and social mobilization.
- Provide medical, nutritional and psychological care to adolescents and pregnant women under 20 years, to improve their health through the Adolescent Friendly Services Modules and promote their gratuity.
- Coordinate with the educational sector actions that promote a culture of prevention and self-care of sexual and reproductive health among the adolescent population.
- Promote operational research that allows continuous improvement of services.
- Develop campaigns to prevent risk factors in adolescents.
- Disseminate the actions of self-care of health through mass media.
- Sensitize adolescents about the biopsychosocial risks of teenage pregnancy.
- Development of intensive campaigns to prevent risk factors in adolescents.
- Carry out integration, motivation and training actions for health personnel.
- Take courses-workshop aimed at parents of teenagers.
- Carry out strengthening actions: teen health fairs and youth rallies "My step through adolescence".
- Promote healthy community projects aimed at the adolescent population.
- Grant the lifeline package for teenagers.
- Promote and increase the coverage of adolescents who receive interventions from the national health book.
- Provide comprehensive health training with an emphasis on reproductive health to staff of institutions working with adolescents.
- Train teenagers in the thematic contents of the program.
- Train health personnel in comprehensive care for adolescents and prevention of violence and abuse in adolescents.
- Conduct a workshop-course on orientation-counseling for the staff of the Teen Friendly Services Modules.
- To form the Comprehensive Adolescent Care Group, GAIA.
- Strengthen research on issues related to adolescent health.
- Perform the National Week of Adolescent Health.
- Carry out preventive campaigns in mass media on prevention of teenage pregnancy.
- Prepare information, education and communication materials (IEC).
- Provide orientation-counseling to adolescents who come to the Adolescent Friendly Services Modules in units of I and II level of care.
- Promote adolescents' sexual and reproductive rights.
- To form Groups of Adolescents Promoters of Health, GAPS in schools and health units.
- Train the 100% of the members of the GAPS.
- National Week of Adolescent Health: third week of the month of September.
- National Day for the prevention of unplanned pregnancy in adolescents: September 26.