General Visas and Coordination of Internal Affairs
The General Inspectorate is the body for evaluation, supervision, inspection and supervision of the actions of the agents of the Public Ministry, the Investigative Police and the Ministerial Police, as well as the Experts and other public servants of the Attorney General's Office who carry out auxiliary functions of the institution.
The Internal Affairs Coordination is the administrative unit in charge of the reception and investigation of complaints and denunciations filed against the public servants of the institution and to substantiate the administrative procedures, separation of professional career service and criminal nature respectively.
Both administrative units are set up as a monitoring body for the personnel of the Attorney General's Office by:
- Verification of the fulfillment of obligations by the public servants of the Attorney General, derived from the substantive activity proper to the law enforcement function. The General Visiting Office in the exercise of ordinary, special or inspection visits; for its part, the Internal Affairs Coordination in the exercise of the investigative acts to corroborate the facts that are the subject of the various Complaints and Complaints, both of which contribute to reducing corruption risks.
- The opening of effective channels of communication with society, through the establishment of formal means of gathering complaints and complaints and mechanisms that allow for follow-up and feedback to users regarding the given procedure or the consequence of their determined participation. This is done in order to recover the confidence of the citizenship, foster a culture of legality and integrity in the public servants that make up the Attorney General's Office.
Submit your complaint or complaint against those public servants of the Attorney General's Office of the State of Tamaulipas of which you have knowledge and / or it is clear to you that ...
- Ask for money or anything else in exchange for doing or not doing any activity of your own. All the services offered at the Attorney General's Office are free.
- Do not investigate the crime you reported.
- Do not agree the promotions or requests presented in the investigation.
- Do not exercise criminal action existing elements for it.
- Unduly hold a person.
- The receipt of witnesses and other evidence is unjustifiably denied.
- Do not provide all the data for your proper defense and that are in the folder or corresponding preliminary inquiry.
- Release a person without being legally justified.
- The legal situation is not resolved in the term of 48 hours from the moment in which a detained person was made available to the Public Ministry.
- Do not return or return the insured property, when such return or restitution is lawful.
- They incur in procrastination in the integration of the folder of investigation or preliminary investigation.
- Committed or participated in the commission of acts that the law indicates as crimes.
You can file your complaint or complaint as follows:
Through email email@example.com
Telephone route by dialing 01.800.PGJ.TAMPS (01.800.745.8267) (834) 318-5100 extension 50191
Or, in person at the offices of the Internal Affairs Coordination of the Central Building of the Attorney General's Office of the State on José Sulaimán Chagnon Avenue, junction with Libramiento Naciones Unidas, Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas, Mexico, CP 87039.
Online from this website.