Guarantee justice for the society of Tamaulipas with adherence to the principles of legality, legal certainty and respect for human rights, directing the investigation of crimes with the aim of clarifying the facts denounced, providing due care and protection to victims and carrying out the necessary actions so that those responsible for the crimes are punished and the rule of law in the State is preserved.
To be a Law Enforcement Institution that operates efficiently, effectively, transparently and with a focus on respect for human rights, with professional, trained and reliable personnel that uses state-of-the-art equipment and technology to ensure an agile response in the investigation of crimes, in an environment that combats impunity and corruption.
The first Organic Law of the Public Prosecutor's Office in our State was issued by Governor Andrés Osuna on the 8 of July of 1818. This law was enacted on the basis of Article 21 of the Federal Constitution, conferring prosecutory and accusatory powers before the courts against those responsible for a crime. In addition to the intervention in judicial matters of civil order. The organization of the institution consisted of appointing a Attorney General as Chief of the Public Prosecutor's Office, an Auxiliary Agent of the prosecutor and Attached Agents to the courts of First Instance.
The Organic Law of 1926 was promulgated by the Governor Marte R. Gómez this extended the composition of the Public Ministry staff and authorized the Governor to increase the number of agents, same that was repealed by the Organic Law of the Public Ministry promulgated by the Governor Praxedis Balboa in 1963, which creates the Directorate of Previous Inquiries and points out the requirements for the Judicial and Rural Police, as well as the creation of the Criminalistics Directorate.
The previous one was repealed by the Organic Law of the Attorney General of our federal entity and that was promulgated by the Governor of the State Engineer Americo Villarreal Guerra.
In the administration of 1993-1999, Governor Manuel Cavazos Lerma is reforming the Organic Law of State Public Administration assigning powers to the Attorney General's Office in his article 23, as well as the reforms carried out in the 22 of June of 1994 to the Organic Law of the Attorney General of the State.
To date by decree No. 315 and published in the Official Newspaper No. 52 of Wednesday 1º of July of 1998, the new Organic Law of the Attorney General's Office of the Free and Sovereign State of Tamaulipas comes into force, dated 23 April of 1986, as well as its subsequent reforms contained in the decrees numbers 70 and 10 published in the official newspapers of the 28 dated state of November of 1987 and 27 of February of 1993 respectively, where it is highlighted:
- The creation of the Agencies of the Conciliatory Public Ministry.
- The name change of the Judicial Police by Ministerial.
- The professionalization of the Public Servants of the Procurator's Office.
- The creation of the citizen participation council to evaluate the actions aimed at professionalizing the public servants of the Attorney General's Office.
The creation of the coordinations of:
- Advice and Special Affairs.
- Social comunication.
- Statistics and Information Technology
- The participation of the Attorney General's Office in the National System through its State Public Security System.
- The protection of human rights, taking care of the complaints, conciliation proposals and recommendations of the National and State Commissions of Human Rights, when these are accepted.