Code of Ethics, Conduct and Prevention of Conflicts of Interest
MESSAGE FROM THE SECRETARY OF FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE
The challenge of the Secretariat of Fisheries and Aquaculture is to achieve the sustainable use of fishing resources in inland and marine waters, promoting the technification of aquaculture and the incorporation of our products in a market of greater competitiveness in terms of added value and strategies. of export-oriented marketing, promoting the practice of responsible fishing at all times so that Tamaulipas families have better living conditions. Under this premise, it is necessary to establish the Code of Conduct and Prevention of Conflicts of Interest so that the Public Servants of the Secretariat perform under the principles and values of behavior that allow to effectively comply with the lines of action defined by the State Development Plan. this Secretariat.
CODE OF ETHICS OF THE PUBLIC SERVERS OF THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH OF THE STATE OF TAMAULIPAS
Purpose of the Code
Article 1 °. The purpose of this ordinance is to establish the ethical principles and obligations that govern public service in the Dependencies and Entities of the Public Administration of the State of Tamaulipas, as well as the Integrity Rules that seek from public servants an ethical and responsible action in the exercise of its functions, with transparency and honesty in the rendering of accounts of the state public management.
Article 2 °. The principles and values enshrined in the Code of Ethics that govern public service in the Dependencies and Entities of the Public Administration of the State of Tamaulipas, as well as the Code of Conduct and the Rules of Integrity are obligatory for public servants without distinction. of hierarchical level, without ignoring the contemplated in diverse dispositions applicable to his performance, is obligation of all and all to know the content of the same one and consequently the commitment to apply it in the performance of his activity. The Comptroller's Office and the Internal Control Bodies shall monitor compliance with this Code of Ethics in the area of its competence.
Article 3º. Public servants who occupy a position, employment or commission without distinction of their hierarchical level, must subscribe the commitment of observance of the ethical values contemplated in this Code.
Article 4 °. For the purposes of this Code, it shall be understood as:
- Public administration: To the set of Administrative Bodies whose function is to carry out an activity to achieve the collective good of a state, based on public services.
- Code of ethics: Document that contains the principles and values that govern the acting performance of the public servants of the government of the State of Tamaulipas;
- Committee: Ethics Committee of the Government of the State of Tamaulipas;
- Ethics Committee: Collegiate instance formed by the or the C. Governor of the State, the and the Owners of the Dependencies, and the or the Head of the Comptroller's Office; its function is the application of the Code of Ethics;
- Conduct: Behavior of the person in the public service;
- Interest conflict: The possible affectation of the impartial and objective performance of the functions of the public servants due to personal, family or business interests;
- Comptroller: The Government Comptroller of the State;
- Constitution: The Political Constitution of the Free and Sovereign State of Tamaulipas;
- Ethic: Branch of philosophy that deals with the rational study of morality, virtue, duty, happiness and good living; in as much it requires of the reflection and the argumentation;
- Public Ethics: It alludes to the profile, formation and committed responsible behavior of the people in charge of public issues, it is the science of good behavior in the service to the citizenship;
- Internal Control Organs: The administrative units in charge of promoting, evaluating and strengthening the proper functioning of internal control in public entities, as well as those other instances of the autonomous constitutional bodies that, according to their respective laws, are competent to enforce the laws regarding responsibilities of the public servants;
- Beginning: Rules or norms of a general and universal nature that guide the action of human beings in society;
- Servers and Public Servants: Persons who perform a job, position or commission in public entities, in the State and Municipal, in accordance with the provisions of Article 149 of the Political Constitution of the Free and Sovereign State of Tamaulipas and;
- Value: Set of principles that determine the behavior of people, according to what is considered good and desirable.
- Sexual Harassment: The exercise of power, in a relationship of real subordination of the victim to the aggressor in the work and / or school environments. It is expressed in verbal, physical or both behaviors, related to sexuality with a lascivious connotation.
ArticleXNXX °. The public servants must observe in the exercise of their employment, position or commission, the principles protected in this Code in accordance with the principles protected in articles 16 of the Political Constitution of the United Mexican States, 7 of the Law of Administrative Responsibilities, 22 paragraph 1 of the Organic Law of the Public Administration, 5 of the General Law of the National Anticorruption System, 13 of the Law of Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Obligated Subjects, all these ordinances of the State of Tamaulipas, congruent with the criterion of the Transparency Axis and fight against corruption contemplated in the 2016-2022 State Development Plan.
Article 6 °. The following are principles applicable to public servants:
- Common benefit: The decisions and actions of the public servants must be directed to the satisfaction of the needs and interests of society, over and above particular interests that are alien to the welfare of the community;
- Quality: Search for the best results in the right time, with the least resources for the satisfaction of society;
- Merit competition: It involves hiring women and men who have the knowledge, skills and abilities to efficiently and effectively perform a job, position or commission in the State Public Administration;
- Commitment: It is to work with enthusiasm, discipline, tenacity,
- Discipline: It implies an orderly and systematic action in accordance with the regulations that govern its function, guaranteeing in a timely manner the objectives set out in the State Development Plan;
- Economy: They use the resources allocated for the purposes entrusted, rendering accounts of their application and use in the public management conferred;
- Effectiveness: It is the correct action of the public servants to achieve institutional goals and objectives that derive from the exercise of their employment, position or commission;
- Efficiency: Exercise the public service, making the most of the resources available, whose purpose is to achieve the satisfaction of the citizens;
- Cultural and ecological environment: The public servants will seek the least impact on the cultural heritage and the ecosystem, assuming an iron will of respect, defense and preservation of the culture and environment of our State and country;
- Equity: No one should be favored in the treatment of a person, harming another in the exercise of their employment, position or commission;
- Honesty: The public servants will perform their duties with rectitude, probity, and vocation of service without expecting any additional benefit that that which the State grants them, they consent that their action will be subject to a thorough public examination;
- Equality: It is the prohibition of distinctions between people without any discrimination, whether by race, color, sex, sexual preference, ethnicity, age, language, religion, political or other opinions, social or national origin, disability, property, birth or any other factor;
- Gender equality: Women and men are equal in rights and opportunities depending on the social, economic, ethnic, political and cultural context of each person, have the same possibilities, opportunities in life and access to resources and valuable goods from the social point of view;
- Impartiality: Public servants provide citizens and the population in general with the same treatment, act without preferences or privileges and without distinction of gender, ethnic origin or nationality, age, different capacities, social condition, health conditions, religion, opinions, preferences, marital status or any other that threatens human dignity and has the purpose of nullifying or diminishing the rights and freedoms of individuals;
- Inclusion: It is the process that allows improving the conditions of people and groups that are part of society, taking into account the diversity of people and thereby expanding their capabilities, opportunities and the dignity of disadvantaged people due to their identity;
- Integrity: It is the congruence with the ethical principles that correspond to it, propitiating with it, the credibility, the certainty, the trust and attachment to the truth in front of the people that are linked or observe its performance;
- Integrality: It is the articulation and complementation of the programs and actions that bring together the different social benefits, within the framework of the State Policy of Social Development;
- Distributive Justice: It is the virtue of social justice that guarantees that all people receive equal opportunities in a free and equitable manner, the benefits of development according to their merits, needs and possibilities;
- Loyalty: The public servants correspond to the trust that the State has conferred upon them; they have an absolute vocation of service to society, satisfying the best interests of collective needs over particular interests, personal or beyond the general interest and welfare of the population;
- Legality: They conduct themselves with strict adherence to the applicable legal regulations, considering that respect for the rule of law is an inherent characteristic of public service;
- Freedom: Capacity of the people to choose the suitable means for their personal development and their participation in the social development;
- Leadership: Public servants are responsible for promoting values and ethical principles in society, with their attitude, performance and performance builds the trust of citizens in their institutions;
- Objectivity: It is the fulfillment of the activities of the public servants, without subordinating their actions to personal preferences or judgments of value, attending exclusively to the purposes and characteristics of the same;
- Social participation: It is the right of individuals and organizations to intervene and integrate, individually or collectively in the formulation, execution and evaluation of policies, programs and actions of social development;
- Professionalism: Process that values the knowledge, abilities and aptitudes of the public servants to make them competitive, guaranteeing to the State in an effective and efficient way that the Institutional plans and programs improve continuously;
- Accountability: The public servants assume before the society and its authorities the responsibility that derives from the exercise of their employment, position or commission, perform their functions in an appropriate manner, for that reason they inform, explain and justify their decisions and actions, aware of the sanctions applicable to its non-compliance, as well as to the evaluation and public scrutiny of citizenship;
- Respect: Public servants respect the diversity of views and positions freely assumed around public affairs, such as the freedom to choose when and how to participate in the public life of the State. For that reason they offer a dignified, courteous and tolerant treatment to the citizenship;
- Respect for Diversity: Recognition in terms of ethnic origin, gender, age, different abilities, social condition, health conditions, religion, opinions, preferences, marital status or any other, to overcome any condition of discrimination and promote development with equity and respect for differences;
- Solidarity: It is the action that comprehensively serves citizens among social groups and government orders, in a co-responsible manner for the improvement of the quality of life of society;
- sustainability: It is the preservation of the ecological balance, protection of the environment and use of natural resources, to improve the quality of life and the productivity of people, without compromising the satisfaction of the needs of future generations;
- Transparency: It is the set of criteria that a determined organization adopts with the objective of maximizing the social utility of the information, attending to the specific needs of the people carrying the right to access it, implies the comprehensible, accessible and timely publication of public information. , is the clear definition of public responsibility and the control sections.
Article 7. They are competent to apply this Code
- The Ethics Committee of the State Government;
- The Government Comptroller;
- The Internal Control Bodies of Dependencies and Entities;
- The Ethics, Conduct and Prevention of Conflicts of Interest Committees of each Unit or Entity of the State Government;
Integration and Powers of the Committee
Article 8. The Ethics Committee shall act in a collegial manner and its purpose is to monitor compliance with this Code;
Article 9. The structure of the Committee is made up of:
- The or the Head of the Government Comptroller;
- The Owners of the Dependencies, with the vocal character and in whom falls the coordination of the sector of the parastatal entities and deconcentrated bodies that they have grouped;
- A person who will occupy the Executive Secretariat, which will be the or the General Director of Human Resources of the Secretariat of Administration or the or the public servant that it designates;
Article 10. The and the Dependency Holders, for the optimization of the sessions can designate substitute; This appointment may fall on public servants with a hierarchical level, not inferior to Department Headquarters, who will appear with the right to speak and vote.
Article 11. For the existence of a quorum in the sessions, the presence of half plus one person of its members is required, and an essential requirement is the presence of the President and the person in charge of the Executive Secretariat or its alternates;
Article 12. The agreements of the Committee will be valid with the vote of the majority of the members present, in case of a tie, the President will have a vote of quality
Article 13. The following are the attributions of the Committee:
- Train public servants on the subject of ethics and conduct
- Prepare the annual schedule of training activities for public servants of the State government on the Code of Ethics, the schedule of activities will be issued by the Committee in the first quarter of each year;
- Make recommendations to the owners of the Dependencies, sector coordinations and Parastatal Entities, with respect to the observance of this Code; Y
- You can enter into agreements and follow up on them.
Article 14. The training referred to in the previous article is mandatory for public servants. The training will be given by each coordinating unit of the sector and Parastatal Entities of the government of the State, taking into account the guidelines issued by the Ethics Committee of the Executive Power of the State of Tamaulipas;
Article 15. Each Coordinating Unit of the sector and Parastatal Entities of the Government of the State, will obtain the signature of the training of each of the persons in the Public Service of the Government, which will be delivered to the Human Resources General Directorate of the Secretariat of Administration.
Article 16. The public servants of the government of the State, the Code of Ethics or the electronic link of its location will be provided;
Article 17. The evaluation of compliance with the schedule will be made every four months;
Article 18. The Committee will meet in an ordinary manner every four months and in an extraordinary manner when the situation requires it;
- A meeting will be convened at least three days prior to the ordinary sessions and half an hour prior to the extraordinary sessions;
- The Executive Secretary is responsible for the file, control and preparation of the minutes of the sessions, as well as the follow-up to the agreements taken from them.
Article 19. In each Unit or Entity of the Executive Power of the Government of the State, an Ethics, Conduct and Prevention of Conflicts of Interest Committee will be installed, similar to that of the State government.
Article 20. The Ethics, Conduct and Prevention of Conflicts of Interest Committees will act as assistants to the Ethics Committee of the State Government.
Article 21. Its function will be to monitor compliance by public servants with the Codes of Ethics, Conduct and Integrity Rules for the exercise of the public function, and the existing Guidelines for the application thereof.
Non-compliance, Training and Dissemination
Article 22. The Committees of Ethics, Conduct and Prevention of Conflicts of Interest, Dependencies, Sector Coordinations and Parastatal Entities, are directly responsible for complying with the agreements taken by the Ethics Committee of the Government of the State of Tamaulipas.
Article 23. It is the responsibility of the Ethics Committee of the Executive Power of the State of Tamaulipas to design the training that will be imparted to public servants, with respect to this Code; as well as the printing of support materials, and the dissemination thereof to the public servants of the State of Tamaulipas, through the best means for their full knowledge.
Article 24. The General Directorate of Human Resources of the Secretariat of Administration is responsible for safeguarding the commitment letter of compliance in training in the Code of Ethics of each person in the Public Service of the Government of the State of Tamaulipas.
Article 25. It will be included in the Portal of the Government of the State of Tamaulipas, and of each one of the Portals of Dependencies and Parastatal Entities of the Government of the State, the league of consultation to the Code of Ethics of the public servants.
From Code Surveillance
Article 26. The Office of the Comptroller will promote, coordinate and supervise the observance of the provisions contained in this Code, through the Ethics, Conduct and Prevention of Conflicts of Interest Committees of each Unit or Entity.
Article 27. The Comptroller's Office and the Internal Control Bodies shall be responsible, within the scope of their competence, for the investigation, substantiation and classification of the breach of this Code.
Article 28. Failure to comply with this Code that also constitutes an administrative fault or offense, will be sanctioned according to the legislation that regulates it.
CODE OF CONDUCT AND PREVENTION OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST OF THE SECRETARIAT OF FISHING AND AQUACULTURE OF THE STATE OF TAMAULIPAS.
The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to establish the ethical principles and rules of conduct that should govern the internal and / or external relations of all public servants of the Secretariat, regardless of the hierarchy established in the organization chart, to optimize work performance. improve the attitude of public servants, apply the values set forth in the Code of Ethics, and prevent conflicts of interest.
All Public Servants of the Secretariat of Fisheries and Aquaculture, in their actions must observe punctually what is established in this Code, avoiding conflicts of interest and always ensuring the public interest at all times.
PERFORMANCE WITH VALUES OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE REGULATIONS
- Be congruent in my daily conduct with the principles and values established in the Code of Conduct and Prevention of Conflicts of Interest of the Secretary of Fisheries and Aquaculture of the State, serving as an example to all the people around me.
- Comply with my work according to the guidelines and the applicable regulations, efficiently using the time of my working day.
- Identify in the Constitution, laws, regulations and other applicable regulations, everything related to my work performance to conduct myself in accordance with the provisions of the same.
- Interpret the regulations without personal benefit.
PERFORMANCE WITH VALUES OF UTILIZATION OF RESOURCES.
- Refrain from using computer equipment to download files or programs without a license; or with a purpose other than work activities, likewise, refrain from using the Internet to view inappropriate pages or information sites and obscene images.
- Do not subtract the assigned resources, as well as use them in an adequate, honest and rational way.
- The use of inputs such as photocopiers, scanners, stationery, electrical energy must be done properly and for labor purposes only.
- In the facilities of the Secretariat, seek a work environment where order, cleanliness and respect for common or private work areas prevail.
- Not to use the land or maritime vehicle fleet of an official or leased character for this purpose, for private, personal or family use, outside the regulations established by the unit or entity in which it works.
- Do not consume food in the work areas belonging to the Secretariat.
- Notify your hierarchical superior and sign the due protection of those electronic devices or any other type that have to be used outside the Secretariat for work reasons.
VALUES IN LABOR PERFORMANCE.
- The public servant who performs a job, position, commission or function, must conduct his actions with transparency, honesty, loyalty, cooperation, austerity, without ostentation and with a clear orientation to the public interest.
- Act with due honesty and adherence to laws, guidelines and norms.
- Avoid personal and labor conflicts with the work colleagues of the Secretariat, as well as with third parties.
- Not accept gifts or gifts of any kind that intend to influence my decisions as a servant or public servant.
- Do not subtract the personal belongings of my colleagues or co-workers.
- Offer my colleagues work based on respect, cordiality and good manners, regardless of the hierarchy, avoiding offensive attitudes or inappropriate language, arrogant or offensive.
• Refrain from selling any type of merchandise within the facilities of the Secretariat.
- Support my colleagues without distinction of class, gender, age, race, religion, political or sexual preference, physical condition or educational level.
- Refrain from using sound devices that interfere with the development of the activities of the Secretariat's co-workers.
- Collaborate with other public servants and promote teamwork to achieve the common objectives set out in the government plans and programs.
- Do not proselytize in your workday or guide your work performance towards electoral political preferences.
- Do not harass, assault, intimidate, harass, intimidate, extort or threaten subordinate personnel or coworkers.
- Use human, material or financial institutional resources for the purposes assigned to it.
Do not perform two or more positions or enter into two or more contracts for the provision of professional services or the combination of each other, without having a compatibility opinion.
PERFORMANCE WITH VALUES IN SOCIAL TREATMENT
- Assist citizens with equality without distinction of gender, race, religion, social preference, political, sexual, socio-economic, physical or educational level.
- Receive, attend and guide citizens with kindness, efficiency, courtesy and spirit of service in their requirements or procedures they wish to perform, omitting any attitude of arrogance, discrimination and insensitivity.
PERFORMANCE WITH VALUES OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Transmit in a verbal, written or electronic way to my colleagues, the knowledge acquired in any course, workshop, seminar or any training event that I have attended in the performance of my duties.
- Attend workshops, courses, seminars, or any other commemorative event, training or any other, that my superior indicates me, or that is essential for the performance of my duties.
- Grant all the facilities to my staff so that they attend the courses, workshops, seminars or any other type of event to which they have been invited or required and are aimed at contributing to their professional, personal and work growth.
RESPONSIBLE PERFORMANCE IN THE USE OF INFORMATION
- Caring for the information in my charge, preventing the disclosure, destruction, theft, alteration or concealment of the same, at all times taking into account the principles of transparency and accountability; avoiding at all times favor with the information received or benefit someone else with the exchange of it.
- Streamline activities for the identification, generation, processing, dissemination and evaluation of information on proactive transparency and open government.
- Do not assume intimidating attitudes towards people who require guidance for the presentation of a request for access to public information.
- Do not delay in a negligent manner the activities that allow the requests of access to public information to be handled promptly and expeditiously.
- Not to declare the incompetence for the attention of a request of access to public information, in spite of having attributions or legal or normative faculties.
- Not to declare the inexistence of information or public documentation, without carrying out an exhaustive search in the files and institutional archives under its protection.
- Do not hide information and public documentation in personal files, either inside or outside institutional spaces.
- Do not deliberately alter, conceal or eliminate public information.
- Not allow or facilitate the theft, destruction or undue use of information or public documentation.
PERFORMANCE WITH VALUES REGARDING CONFLICTS OF INTEREST.
- I will perform my job, position or commission or any task entrusted to me without intending to obtain or receive additional benefits to the considerations that correspond to me, avoiding putting personal, family or business interests before my performance.
- I will avoid getting involved in situations in which my personal interests may conflict with the interests of the Secretariat or third parties. Any situation in which there is the possibility of obtaining an economic benefit or of any kind that is foreign to those that correspond to me because of my employment, position or commission, potentially represents a conflict of interest.
- I will inform my immediate boss of those matters in which the conflict of interest may arise, so that the pertinent actions are taken.
- In the performance of my duties, I will avoid situations in which there are possibilities of obtaining an economic benefit or of any kind that is foreign to those that correspond to me because of my job, position or commission.
- I will refrain from accepting gifts or incentives of any kind, not allowed in the Law of Administrative Responsibilities of the State of Tamaulipas.
PERFORMANCE WITH VALUES IN RELATIONS WITH OTHER DEPENDENCIES AND ENTITIES OF THE MUNICIPAL, STATE AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
- I promise to offer the public servants of other dependencies and entities of the Municipal, State and Federal Governments the support, attention, information, collaboration and service they require, with kindness and generosity, privileging in my work the prevention before the observation and punishment.
- I will avoid unnecessary transfers and I will preferably use electronic or telephone means to communicate with other agencies and entities of the local and federal government.
- I will use the information provided by other government agencies only for the functions of the Secretariat.
- I will provide a respectful, fair, transparent and cordial treatment to public servants of other dependencies or entities of the Municipal, State or Federal Government, avoiding any form of harassment and discrimination.
- I will respect the forms and conduits authorized to conduct institutional relations with other agencies and entities and instances of government and even with other powers of a local or federal nature.
ZERO TOLERANCE TO HARASSMENT AND LABOR AND SEXUAL HARASSMENT IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THE FUNCTIONS.
- I will understand that it is NOT a NO, when a physical approach or sexual conduct is not desired or requested by the other person.
- I will avoid behaviors, signs, contacts, innuendos, rumors, obscene language, jokes, connotations or unwanted sexual intent, since they are prohibited and will be sanctioned.
- I will not condition the promotions and promotions in exchange for behaviors or favors of a sexual nature.
- I will refrain from displaying or sending images of a sexual nature.
- I will avoid preferential treatment in the exercise of my functions towards subordinated persons that generate scenarios of inequality in relation to others.
- I will respect the private life of others.
- I will refrain from intimidating, harassing, unnecessarily evidencing people's mistakes or carrying out any other form of workplace harassment towards them.
- Under no circumstances, the superiors may require a subordinate to take actions unrelated to the needs of the Secretariat. It is not allowed to exert pressure to force the personnel to execute a determined act that does not correspond to the functions inherent to the position.
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- Scare: Cause fear.
- Occupational harassment: Hostile or humiliating treatment to which a person is subjected in the workplace in a systematic way, which causes psychological and professional problems.
- Sexual harassment: It is an unwanted behavior of a sexual nature in the workplace, which makes the person feel offended, humiliated and / or intimidated.
- Code of Conduct: Code of Conduct and Prevention of Conflicts of Interest of the Secretariat of Fisheries and Aquaculture of the State of Tamaulipas.
- Code of Ethics: Code of Ethics of the Public Servants of the Executive Power of Tamaulipas.
- Conflict: Situation of struggle, disagreement, rivalry or opposition between people or things.
- Discrimination: Any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference that, by act or omission, with or without intent, is not objective, rational, or proportional and has the purpose or result of hindering, restricting, preventing, impairing or nullifying the recognition, enjoyment or exercise of human rights and freedoms, when based on one or more of the following grounds: ethnic or national origin, skin color, culture, sex, gender, age, disabilities, condition social, economic, health or legal, religion, physical appearance, genetic characteristics, migratory status, pregnancy, language, opinions, sexual preferences, identity or political affiliation, marital status, family situation , family responsibilities, language, criminal record or any other reason.
- Harass: Incite or pressure a person to do something.
- Labor harassment: Conduct that is generally exercised from a position of power, where the taxpayer is in relation to the superior in a situation of high vulnerability.
- Sexual harassment: Exercise of power, in a relationship of real subordination of the victim to the aggressor in the workplace and / or school, is expressed in verbal behavior. Physical or both, related to sexuality of lascivious connotation.
- Equality: Principle according to which all people have the same rights, therefore they must be treated in the same way.
- Negligence: Own action of a careless or careless person.
- Principle: Standard or fundamental idea that governs thought or behavior.
- Proselytism: Pawn and actions that try to get supporters of a doctrine or an ideology.
- Secretariat: The Secretariat of Fisheries and Aquaculture of the State of Tamaulipas.
- Values: Characteristics that distinguish the performance of public servants tending to achieve credibility and the strengthening of public institutions and public service.
Tampico, Tam., To 10 of July of 2018
THE SECRETARY OF FISHING AND AQUACULTURE OF THE STATE OF TAMAULIPAS.
CP RAÚL RUIZ VILLEGAS.