WHAT DO WE DO?
Plan, organize, integrate, direct and control the performance of the functions and activities carried out by each of the addresses assigned to the undersecretary.
Conservation Department: Direct and coordinate the inherent actions for the conservation and reconstruction of the state highway network as well as the rehabilitation and paving of rural roads, in accordance with the legal provisions in force; planning, managing and supervising the correct and timely application of resources, complying with applicable laws and regulations but above all achieving the expectations required by today's society.
Construction Management: Direct, control and supervise the actions inherent to the construction of infrastructure works for transport such as roads, airports, ports and specials executed by the Ministry of Public Works, following up the work programs in compliance with the regulations and legal provisions current
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS :
- Prepare and coordinate the annual work program of work, supervising that the activities are carried out according to the programmed requirements.
- Direct, coordinate and supervise the actions inherent to the construction, modernization, reconstruction and conservation of infrastructure works for transportation such as roads, airports, waterways, seaports and special ports executed by the Ministry of Public Works.
- Coordinate supervisory actions and compliance with current regulations, as well as the quality and quantity of the work performed, once the work has been contracted.
- Process for authorization the extraordinary unit prices that are generated in the works contracts during the execution process, at the request of the supervisory areas and once accepted to carry out the procedures for their liquidation.
- Authorize the work estimates that have been prepared and reviewed by the areas of supervision and control of estimates, monitoring the full compliance of the application of amortization of advances, discounts and penalties, as well as the availability of resources to proceed with the payment process .
- To manage in a timely manner before the secretary, the necessary resources for the operation of the Undersecretary of Transportation Infrastructure, as well as to comply with and enforce the guidelines for the proper use and optimization thereof.
- Assist in the operation of the mechanisms of coordination and consultation between the public, social and private sectors for the realization of public state work in the field of transport infrastructure.
- Participate in the preparation of programs of works of the State Government, in coordination with the corresponding units and meet the criteria of the community and sectors involved.
- Prepare and execute the programs of construction, modernization, reconstruction and conservation of state roads, ports, airports, waterways, seaports and other means of communication, competence of the State Government.
- Participate, in accordance with the laws or decrees of creation, in the state and municipal public bodies related to public works, promoting that it is carried out in accordance with the applicable legal and administrative provisions.
- Advise and technically support the City Councils and their agencies, when required, in the realization of their public works plans and programs.
- Propose reforms to the legal and administrative provisions related to the planning, programming, budgeting, execution and control of public works, as well as monitor compliance with them.
- Permanently inform the immediate superior area of the activities programmed, in process and concluded, in order to unify criteria for the fulfillment of the objectives.
- Carry out the other functions that superiority delegates in the area of its competence.